Friday, August 12, 2005

Senor Fish


One of the first places we tried after moving to Eagle Rock was Senor Fish (4803 Eagle Rock Blvd.), as it is a stone's throw from my house. I had heard many good things about this place from friends. Senor Fish, a breezy, wooden deck wrapped around a converted craftsmen home, specializes in fish tacos and mexican seafood.

We arrived just in time for a weekday lunch rush. I was with my friend Johnny who was wearing a T-shirt that said "Don't Give Me Drugs." He felt a tad anxious as we lined up at the counter behind a couple of LAPD officers. I pointed out that his shirt says "DON'T Give Me Drugs" and not "Give Me Drugs". Big difference.

Johnny sampled the Ensenada Style Tacos while I was in the mood for the Carne Asado Tacos. Ensenada Style means that the fish is deep fried. His soft corn tortillos were piled with salsa and guacamole. The Carne Asada was cooked and chopped perfectly with just the right amount of fresh onion. The rice and beans were a little bland and the guacamole was textbook. For the true fish lover, you should pass on the tacos and go straight for the fresh, charbroiled fish. You get a choice of halibut, mahi mahi, salmon, trout and more. Senor Fish is now a flourishing chain with branches in South Pasadena, Downtown and Alhambra. This is certainly a better, home-cooked alternative to Baja Fresh and Poquito Mas. Delicious and simple.

Now, for the best gourmet tacos in all of Los Angeles, be sure to try The Loteria Grill at The Farmer's Market

It should be noted that we weren't under the influence of any drugs while eating at Senor Fish.

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "star" of the menu at Senor Fish is the seafood quesadilla. I can't comment on any other menu items because I can only order the seafood quesadilla every time I go. If you try it, you'll be hooked on Senor Fish as a destination.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger The Nat Pack said...

I have been eating at Senor Fish since they were located in Highland Park, and I love love it.

I am pretty sure that the "Ensenada" style fish taco means that it has guacamole on it, since the default fish taco at Senor Fish is battered and fried.

Try the seafood enchiladas next time. You cant go wrong. Might be better than the seafood quesadilla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home