Monday, September 12, 2005

Blair's Restaurant


The best restaurant in Silverlake is Blair's (2903 Rowena Ave.) This unassuming, little place can hold it's own against some of the finest restaurants in Los Angeles. It is worth a drive if you live on the other side of town. The food is superb. The atmosphere is warm and ideal for a nice long meal with old friends. The two dimly lit rooms are comfortable and relaxed. Indie-rock girls pretending to be waitresses are friendly and surprisingly attentive. Can I make this any clearer people !? This place is great!!

I started my meal with the mixed green salad which had pear, blue-cheese and candied walnuts. it was great and not too filling. My accompanying girlfriends this evening shared the grilled prawns. We polished off a fabulous bottle of wine before our entrees arrived. We tried the risotto, the grilled filet of beef and the halibut. All were fantastic. After our second bottle of wine, we each had a port and shared the chocolate tart. What an exerience! I am looking forward to the next special occasion so that I may return.

3 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Blair's too. But I have yet to go to Cliff's Edge which I hear others who have been to both say is the best restaurant in Silver Lake.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger DK said...

Cliff's Edge is on my list! I haven't been yet, but look for my post real soon!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Winston-Salem Drywall Contractors said...

Goodd share

 

Post a Comment

<< Home