Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dante's Chicken and Ribs

I was excited when I heard a new Bar-BQ joint was opening up in Eagle Rock. Dante's Chicken and Ribs (2006 Colorado Blvd.) is a small, clinical looking place with a stainless steel counter and few tables. It's a terrible place to dine in. There's no room and while you eat, people stand above you waiting in line to order their food. I heard that they were going to annex the room next door and make it into a dining area. I sure hope that when they do this, they throw down some extra cash to make it a comfortable place to eat 'cause Dante's isn't bad.

It's not authentic bar bq. It's more of a fast food joint in disguise. Some of the menu items are great and some are not. The collard greens are pretty tasteless, but the chicken wings can't be beat! I also enjoy the breaded boneless chicken tenders. They are tasty, especially when you dip them in the accompanying chipotle mayonaise. Not a healthy meal at all. Other highlights on the menu include the Colorado salad which is romaine lettuce, pulled bar-bq pork, onions, cheese and a chipotle dressing. I will we be back as I have yet to try the ribs themselves.

5 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Chris Oliver said...

This place needs to sell beer. The "BBQ" isn't very good, but a few cold ones would definitely make those chicken wings and deep fried dill pickles taste a lot better.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger DK said...

yes, i totally agree. That would make a big difference!

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People obviously don't know what real bbq is. They are probably used to something fake like the bbq wings from KFC. This is the probably one of the best bbq places around and that sweet heat sauce is to die for. The place maybe small, but that doesn't stop people from packing the joint. And if you're anti-small dining area, then order it to go. Don't be tainted by someone else's opinion, try the food yourself.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also feel the need to stand up for Dante's as when I went there the ribs were sublime. I poked my fork in and bones would just shoot out, no need to gnaw. I would however, also be greatful if started selling beer and expanded the dine in area

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Ron Buckmire said...

*sob* Dante's is now closed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home