Monday, September 19, 2005

Armon's Restaurant

I've been a little busy lately so I apologize for all the low rent restaurant reviews. Gonna go somewhere nice this weekend for sure! I'm also sorry for not living up to the "daily" part of the "daily nosh". Contrary to my profile, I'm not really retired. In fact, I'm busy as all hell. However, I did find time this morning to get me a good breakfast. Armon's (5056 Eagle Rock Blvd.) is the closest thing to a diner in Eagle Rock. They've got booths, a nice long counter and CNN is playing on the TV. They also happen to serve a mighty fine breakfast. I really rate the Italian Sausage and Eggs here. And the service is good. I've only been here twice and they already recognize me.

"Italian sausage and Eggs ?" the waitress asks.
"Why, yes." I reply, as she fills my coffee cup.

I used to hate when my coffee cup would be filled every five minutes. I would take such great care to get the perfect balance of cream and sugar only to have it spoiled by heater after heater. But, that was when I was a younger. Nowadays, I'm a risk taker. I like my coffee black now most of time.

Armon's has a lot of old folks who've probably been coming here all their lives. The interior looks like it was last updated the year I was born. This morning, I sat across from an elderly lady who was eating a full-on meatloaf dinner. It put me off my appetite a bit, as it was only 7:30 in the morning. Quite bizarre. There were also Mom's with babies and a few college student types. It's never crowded. It's always reliable. It's Armon's.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, you are cool.
why no email contact?
i'd like to be your friend!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger DK said...

wow, thanks. I'm really not cool, though...and I didn't realize that my e-mail wasn't available. I will sort that out and I guess I'll have to organize "A Daily Nosh" night out!

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright!
i cast my vote for a 'daily nosh' night out.
i live in eagle rock, too!
let's do it, yo.
dean
notnice@mac.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home