Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Kitchen

Have you ever ordered something so delicious from a restaurant that you refuse to ever try anything else on the menu when you come back ? I've been to The Kitchen (4348 Fountain Ave.) a handful of times and the only thing I want to eat is the Fried Chicken. It's the best! Served with mashed potatos and veggies, it's amazing. I actually wake up in the middle of the night and crave it. I roll out of bed and crawl toward my car keys...must get to The Kitchen, now!

The Kitchen serves up modern day comfort food. It's a 21st Century twist on the kind of meals mom used to make. I can only eat the fried chicken, because it's too good, but I have been told by a reliable source that the mac and cheese and beef stew are just as delicious. The cornbread they start you out with tastes like it was cooked with jalapenos. yumola!

They don't serve booze, so make sure you bring a couple bottles of wine. They are open until midnight. So, while you endure a set of crap, indie bands at the Silverlake Lounge, you can relax in the knowledge that a plate of home cooked food at The Kitchen will be available when the gig is over.

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try the Fish and Chips sometime!!!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger DK said...

Almost went last night (went to Malo instead), but I will definitely try the fish and chips next time.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, the chicken!
why order anything else
stick to your guns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home