Monday, April 17, 2006

Aroma

You can never judge a book by its cover especially when comes to restaurants in Los Angeles. Aroma (2903 W. Sunset Blvd.) looks like a shit hole from the outside, but it just so happens to be one Silverlake's best restaurants. Former Valentino chef, Edin Marroquin, opened this place about a year ago and has been showcasing his mastery in the kitchen with a variety pastas, seafood, and steaks.

The mozarella, tomato and basil appetizer is yum-o-licious. For my entree, I had the t-bone steak served with a fresh herb sauce. The service was amiable and I was quite impressed with the food. My lady friend and I shared a fantastic bottle of wine and all in all, we had a brilliant night out when I wasn't expecting to.

So, don't be put off by the location. This place is great. And if you have to do some A&R schmoozing at The Silverlake Lounge with your record label's new signing, get yourself a nice meal at Aroma first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home