Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mia Sushi

Mia Sushi (4741 Eagle Rock Blvd.) is the best thing that has happened in Eagle Rock in a long time. We, the peeps of the Rock, crave more quality restaurants and we are pleased to see a place like this in the 'hood! Kudos to owner, Rudy, who hasn't done this place on the cheap. The room's zen, modern design with buddhas and bamboo, pulses with chill out house music. On the weekends, they have a magician doing tricks (hey, can anyone figure out how he makes a card spin around the room like that ?!) And even though Mia Sushi is the hippest restaurant in Eagle Rock, it still has a great local vibe.

The food is marvelous. I loved the razor thin tuna sashimi. And the miso soup comes topped with cilantro...what a brilliant taste combo. They have many specialty sushi rolls with names like The Eagle Rock Roll, The Mount Washington Roll and The Oxy Roll. They might have gone a tad too far, though, with the "Council District 14 Roll", but hey, it's great to see a little North East Pride. I'm thrilled that the next time I get a craving for some great sushi, I don't have to go to Pasadena anymore. Get yourself over there, knock back some of their delicious, unfiltered sake and enjoy the best sushi in the North East.

10 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do you get sushi in pasadena?

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger DK said...

karyn, sushi roku is your best bet in pasadena. also, sushibar yoshida in san marino is amazing!

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got there and was seated very promptly. The Restaurant was filled, but not super busy. It took about 15 min until they took our order. came by once to give us water, then about 40 min passed, and some of our order was brought to us. The sushi was loose and totally fell apart.

So if you don't mind waiting, then go check it out. You just might get disappointed.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. We had an awful meal there with bad fish (my wife got sick) and terrible service. We love sushi and eat it all the time in Pasadena (Sushi Roku is great) and it looks like we will continue to do so. There are too many better sushi spots nearby to waste time at Mia.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Ron Buckmire said...

I detest sushi and I had an amazing meal at Mia Sushi recently. A lot of the sushis are cooked and the appetizers are amazing (I agree with you on that tuna sashimi appetizer).

I will definitely go back and recommend Mia Sushi in Eagle Rock to lots of my friends... We made reservations and didn;t have to wait at all.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just there last night with a couple of friends and we devoured every last delicious bite of our order. Pepper crusted tuna with that incredible sauce is my favorite. We made reservations so we didn't have to wait at all. Every dish looks and tastes like a work of art. We're so lucky to have this restaurant in Eagle Rock.

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed mia sushi! i loved the colorado roll and the tuna sashimi. my fiance thought it was a little pricey, but i loved it. i'm soo jazzed that eagle rock has a good handful of great eateries.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger AS said...

Ugh, bad fish and bad style. The place is cheesy at best and serves up some of the worst sushi I've ever had.

Oh, the previous comment sums it up perfectly, though unintentionally.

Cooked sushi? Come on...

"I detest sushi and I had an amazing meal at Mia Sushi recently. A lot of the sushis are cooked and the appetizers are amazing (I agree with you on that tuna sashimi appetizer)."

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kazu (I think thats the way his name is spelled) the head sushi chef, is the best in town. I dont even have to tell him what I want - with just a few visits, he already knows what I want. And if I am feeling adventurous, I let him suprise me with one of his special on the fly creations. This is my favorite local spot. I have brought in a few dates here and they were impressed with it all.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this place. Tasty food, great service, and close to home from Silver lake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home