Thursday, April 20, 2006

Casito Del Campo

It was a Tuesday night. I was sitting in a booth at Casito Del Campo (1920 Hyperion Ave.) staring down my third margarita. It never rains in Los Angeles, but tonight it was pissing down and the margaritas were like medicine. I had yesterday's Los Angeles Times with me. I wanted to catch up on a couple of opinion editorials that I had been meaning to read the day before. I haven't even gotten to today's paper yet. Don't know if I will. I popped outside for a quick smoke, but the rain was too much to bear, so I headed back to my quiet booth. The restaurant was pretty dead except for the sound of the television from the bar. I plowed through my basket of chips. The salsa was o.k. but the margaritas were just right.

11 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the food? Did you eat? Were you at the Chalet last night? (Thursday) I thought i saw you.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger DK said...

it was all downhill after the drinks, chips and salsa. the food was terrible and I won't be back. and, no, it wasn't me at the chalet...though I could have used a stiff one after the day I had.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've always wanted to try this place b/c it looks so cute from the outside. now that i've been warned, i'll stay away from the food and stick to the margaritas! thanks

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger DK said...

allison, it might just have been an off night and I'm really not the biggest fan of Mexican food. The ambience was good though. Definitely perfect for a "meet for drinks" kinda place.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up dude?

by any chance do you know if Dante's closed or what?

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dante's is closed

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it will now be the TACO SPOT (!)

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

any news on Michelangelo's, Lemongrass, or Larkin's?

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for reminding me and introducing to such wonderful places. I am using this as a muse at the moment. Hiho .n

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Did you eat yourself to death? It's been almost a year now. Lets go! I'm hungry.

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Casita is not really about the food, even though the fresh-fried tortilla chips are very tasty. It's about drinking the LSD-filled fresh-lime margaritas and enjoying the alternate-universe world that comes with a pitcher of these evil drinks.

I have eaten here about 100 times, due to proximity, and the Chile Colorado is quite nice, as are the Carnitas. And it's just such a friendly place to have a drunken lunch or early dinner. Casita del Campo is an Institution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home